Friday, April 4, 2014

Week 9

The end is near! I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I have one more week to photograph like a madwoman and then I can FINALLY start putting my final product together. I already have a solid idea of what I'm going to do and how I'm going to shape it, so everything is pretty much set, deadlines and all! One thing we did tweak is that instead of writing a paper to accomodate it, I will write an artist statement that will be included in the book itself (it will be about a page long and it is so much better to the overall aesthetic and message to the piece).

This week I was able to meet up with Jonathan. We shot our SRP interview and I also got to help him out with a promo video of his technology on his company's website! Let me talk a little about our SRP promo video. Jonathan explained his idea to me of how he wanted to shoot the video. He wanted to incorporate the technology he's been using in the course of our internship into our interview, so instead of a flat video, our interview will take a form of a full dome video! Here is a film still of the interview so you can get an idea of what it looks like:


The black part at the bottom of the image is called the Nadir. Since we only used 5 cameras instead of 6, we get that empty space. Since Jonathan was shooting this for a flat screen instead of a full dome, he only used 5 cameras.

I also attended my AP Art meeting. All the pictures are taken and ready to be made into the final book, however, one of the key things that Mr. McDonald and Mrs. Napier felt was missing was the conflict and movement shots. They want to see the conflict between the "religion" and the behavior. These conflicts include rage and failure. Once I take those photos this week, everything will be complete for the project!

In two weeks time, I will have ordered my final photography book, will have submitted my COMPLETE AP Studio Art portfolio and will have prepared my powerpoint presentation for rehearsals. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment