Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 8

Welcome, welcome.

I'm going to open this post with a sentimental reflection of everything I've done in my project so far, so please bear with me. It has been incredibly difficult. As an artist, it's very frustrating to have a deadline and to struggle with getting everything done by that deadline. I have some very good photos and very cooperative subjects, and I also have 3 times as many bad photos and 2 times as many uncooperative subjects. I have had to change subjects multiple times in order to have the variety that I do. With that being said, I have decided to only focus on 2 or 3 different subjects and "religions" in order to complete the project. What may those 2 or 3 subjects be, you might ask, and the answer is that I have not a single clue. Yet.

I had family come in from Texas this week so there have been many schedule conflicts preventing me from getting some time in with Jonathan and Rick. But do not fear! I have been getting some of those religious and tae kwon do shots (may they be very few, but it's better than nothing. I think I'm having some sort of artistic block from all the stress I've been experiencing).

There's nothing new to report other than that, so I'm afraid I have to cut this post short.

By April 11th, I should have all photographs completed. From there, I will start shaping my visual story with the help of Mr. McDonald and Mrs. Napier. I will probably have to write a mini paper along with it too, just for formality reasons and also because I won't be able to explain everything in full detail in my 20 minute presentation.

Ta ta for now!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Justice,
    Hang in there. You're doing fine. We'll figure out your story when you come in. Keep taking lots of pictures. Look for motifs. Look for symbols. Be persistent with your subjects. Don't forget that not all your images need people in them. Objects tell stories to, and those photos will help control the rhythm of your story. Keep up your hard work. Almost there! :D
    McD

    ReplyDelete